Broken package selection for a full install

Daniel F. Dickinson danielfdickinson@yahoo.ca
Fri Mar 5 10:30:00 GMT 2004

Daniel F. Dickinson wrote:
> I installed cygwin (version 1.5.7) using setup.exe.  I downloaded all
> the files locally, then cycled to "Install" rather than "Default" for
> selection "All".  A large number of post-install scripts produced the
> error dialog "A required .DLL file CYGPCRE.DLL is missing" and "A
> required .DLL file CYGKPATHSEA-3.DLL is missing".  A perusal of the
> mailing list in some recent messages gave me a clue:  It seems that
> setup (or dependencies in a lot packages) are broken, and the libraries
> required are not always selected (in this case libpcre and libkapthsea3).
>
> I have fired up setup and opened up every branch, and discovered that
> there are actually quite a few packages that were not installed.  Either
>  cycling to "Install" in "All" is not what I thought (install
> everything), or setup is broken.  Well setup is broken anyway because,
> it should, at a minimum, install all dependencies.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Daniel

Erm, oh yeah, I'm running Windows 98 SE on a PII with 128 MB RAM.

Manually selection the packages not previously selected fixed thing.
Now I have to go back and reinstall so that the postinstalls run -
considering how much there is to the install I think I'll sleep while it
install....

Cheers,

Daniel

--
Daniel F. Dickinson:
"Time does not die; the circle is not round."