Can ipc-daemon2 put its files in directory other than /tmp?

David Garamond lists@zara.6.isreserved.com
Sun Mar 7 08:32:00 GMT 2004

Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>Actually, hopefully, you are bunding postgresql + cygwin + whatever other
>>>binaries + *the sources to same* since this is a GPLed project, meaning
>>>that you have to provide sources for the binaries that you distribute
>>>as per the GPL.
>>
>>No source code is modified/recompiled. I'm just providing a convenience
>>packaging. COPYING + the BSD license (for Postgres) is included, plus
>>I'm informing in the README that Cygwin is GPL'ed, and to get the source
>>one should go to http://www.cygwin.com/. I believe that is sufficient?
>>(since no source code is modified anyway).
>
> Unfortunately, no, it's not sufficient.  The GPL doesn't have a "no
> source code is modified" clause.  For the cygwin DLL, and any of the
> utilities that come with it, you have to adhere to the GPL which
> means that the source code has to be provided.

I see. I'll provide the source code on my own website then, link to the
URL and not http://www.cygwin.com/, but does not include it in the .zip
distribution, to keep the .zip smaller. That should cover the "from the
same place" requirement.

Thanks,
--
dave