Question on Perl (.pl) association

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Wed Mar 17 21:22:00 GMT 2004

Martin,

David was giving an *example* of a solution that worked for him.  FWICS,
he has specific restrictions on what he can do with perl scripts.

Again, since you have no such restrictions, simply change the '#!' line at
the top of your .pl files to '#!/usr/bin/perl -w' (or add it at the very
top if it isn't there).  This should be enough to allow you to invoke .pl
files (or any other files, for that matter) from Cygwin shells using perl
(after appropriately 'chmod +x'ing them, of course).  This answer has been
given in at least 3 forms so far -- why are we still having this discussion?
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu