1.5.9: cron hangs on 2003 server

John Joganic joganic@prime-analytics.com
Wed May 5 20:51:00 GMT 2004

Bash scripts that run normally from the command line hang periodically
in cron.  Is there a specific diagnostic approach for this class of
problem?  The server has 3.3GB of 4GB free memory and the max heap size
is 1GB per the User Guide.  The same script runs correctly on other
cygwin installations.  Only the 2003 Server does not run consistently.
Any help, observations, or referrals would be greatly appreciated, and I
can provide more information as needed.

I should also add that the script in question is not considered the
culprit.  Logging from within the script shows that it hangs in
arbitrary places.

The cygcheck.out file is attached with some names changed to protect the
innocent.

John Joganic
Prime Analytics