problems with cygwin

Ken Dibble kdibble@alltel.net
Thu May 6 12:40:00 GMT 2004

Tarun Sharma wrote:

>Hi
>I have just installed cygwin on my Win XP system. But when I try to start
>windowmaker then it justs says cant start x-server at 127.0.0.1:0.0 . I
>tried few more things but couldnt succeed.
>Ihe porblem I am thinking is related to some configuration. I also tried to
>run XWin. which is running.And xterm can be connected to this.
>Can anybody help me in this problem.

Are you using the startXWin.bat file?  Trying to run multiple window
managers concurrently?
If memory serves the people in this list usually refer you to the
cygwin-xfree mailing list. (per http://cygwin.com/lists.html)

>Some other question I want to ask is :
>1. Can we have different users for cygwin. Because it just added one icon in
>start menu by which I can just run cygwin's bash shell.

Yes

>2. Some of the commands like more is not working on my system. I tried to
>search it in /usr/bin but its not there.

per Larry Hall:

I expect you really want 'less' but either way, visit
<http://cygwin.com/packages/> to determine the package you should install
to get the utility you want.  This works for all utilities. ;-)

--

>Please update me about these problems
>regards
>-tarun