how to upgrade cygwin?

Larry Hall cygwin-lh@cygwin.com
Wed May 12 00:20:00 GMT 2004

At 07:11 PM 5/11/2004, you wrote:
>I installed cygwin about 6 months ago and I now wish to download the latest
>version. However, I can't figure out how to use Setup to download only
>those versions of components that are newer than my installation.
>
>Does Setup figure this out by itself?

Sure does.  By default it will upgrade anything that you had installed
before, if any new versions are available (which I can assure you, there
are).  If you want to see what setup will upgrade, click "View" until it
reads "Partial" next to it.  The chooser window will list the packages it
will upgrade for you.

Holliston, MA 01746