Command line email clients

Robert Pollard rpollard@apple.com
Fri May 14 16:37:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

I need to automate email notifications from a shell script.  I also
need to be able to set up the email servers for sending mail through a
shell script.  Which ever email client I use, I need to automate the
process of setting up and sending mail.

I have looked at Pine and tried to find information on ssmtp but can't
locate any information on it.  Pine seems a bit much for what I need.
I would like to be able to just send email and not have the overhead of
Pine.  Is there documentation on ssmtp that will show me how to setup a
smtp server and send an email to it?

Thanks,

Robert Pollard