1.5.10-3: make -j6: read jobs pipe: No such file or directory. Stop.

Rolf Campbell Endlisnis@mailc.net
Thu May 27 14:37:00 GMT 2004

First, this is not a regression to any recent cygwin (it has been a
problem for a while (I've tried it on every snapshot as they came out
for the past 2 months), I know it did work is 1.3.17, but I also know
that is not terribly useful info).

I finally produced a test case that exhibited the problem.  This should
look familiar to some of you, it's the old make -j test, but it's been
modified (cause the original test did not show this problem).

I'm running a WinXP, P4-2.6GHz(HT) machine.  It takes a while to fail
(about 6 hours for me):

make: *** read jobs pipe: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Failed after 606 runs

-Rolf