dll version collision

Michael Hale michaelh@cipheroptics.com
Thu May 27 22:22:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

Is it possible to recompile a subset of the cygwin binaries to depend
on cygwin1.dll renamed to something like build_cygwin1.dll?  How would
I go about doing this?

The reason that I want to do this is because the developers at our site
use the cygwin console for development, and our build process depends
on certain cygwin files.  I would like to be able to keep all the
cygwin stuff that the build needs in our repository so that all
developers will have a consistent environment, but I obviously can't
have multiple versions of cygwin1.dll on a machine.   My thought was to
recompile the tools needed by the build process linked to
build_cygwin1.dll.

  "OS X: because it was easier to make UNIX user-friendly than to fix
Windows"