dll version collision

Michael Hale michaelh@cipheroptics.com
Fri May 28 18:48:00 GMT 2004

On May 28, 2004, at 1:15 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 12:38:50PM -0400, Michael Hale wrote:
>> The ideas suggested here are definitely beyond my current ability.  I
>> hope someone else who would like this done, and has the skill will
>> take
>> it up.
>
> If it is beyond your abilities then you shouldn't be considering this
> option.  This is likely never to be an accepted way of using the cygwin
> DLL.
What is the correct way for someone to run multiple versions of cygwin
on their machine then?  This seems like a very useful feature to me,
since among other uses it would allow a new version to be tested along
side an older but known version of cygwin.

> --
> Christopher Faylor			spammer? ->	aaaspam@sourceware.org
> Cygwin Co-Project Leader				aaaspam@duffek.com
> TimeSys, Inc.
>
> --

  "OS X: because it was easier to make UNIX user-friendly than to fix
Windows"