Need an older gcc version on my cygwin due to poor performance on gcc-3.x series.

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Mon Nov 1 14:57:00 GMT 2004

Reini Urban wrote:
> Max,
> Do we use some win32 callbacks with exceptions in setup.exe?
> I do see some candidates, but I didn't follow the codepath exactly.

We definitely use exceptions within non-main threads, which are callbacks of
a kind, I suppose.

I'd have to go look to see if we have any exceptions within window
procedures.

It would be really useful to know whether it is safe to throw an exception
within a callback, provided it is caught before the callback returns. Does
anyone know of anyone who might be able to answer that?

Max.