ssh expect on Cygwin

Christopher Cobb ccobb@email.com
Mon Nov 1 21:48:00 GMT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "D N" <niz87@hotmail.com>
To: ccobb@email.com, cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: ssh expect on Cygwin
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 17:55:13 +0000

> >Since passwordless authentication is broken on many cygwin systems I use, I
> >end
> >up using the following expect script (more frequently that I would like).
>
> Are you sure you cant just fix the passwordless login?
>
> I have cyg on 5 different systems - works like a charm! I use keychain to
> manage the keys.

I have probably a dozen servers which have ssh on it.  Although I have passwordless authentication working on many of them, I cannot get it working on one of my main servers.

I would love to get this working.  In fact, I am setting up SVN over ssh and I would really love to get rid of the passwords.  But there are some systems where I can just not get passwordless authentication over ssh working.

This particular system is in use and I cannot, for example, arbitrarily reboot it.  But short of that, I am willing to provide any troubleshooting assistence to anyone who thinks they can get to the bottom of this.

Interestingly enough, between my system and this server, I can get it working in one direction (from server to my system), but not the other (from my system to server -- which is the way I really need it).  Go figure.