Can I launch a graphical windows app from within a cygwin ssh session

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Wed Nov 3 11:58:00 GMT 2004


DePriest, Jason R. schrieb:
> On Tuesday, November 02, 2004 4:12 PM, Mark Stuhr wrote
> [--cut some stuff--]
> 
>>launch a windows app that should run on that remote (or host, can
>>never keep that syntax straight) box.  (In other words a server runs
>>an app most of the time, but not as a service.  That app needs
>>restarting for whatever reason and I'm on the road.  I can dial in
>>with my pocketpc and get an ssh session going to that server, at that
>>point I'd want to kill that app, easy, then I need to restart that
>>app so it will stay running on that server even after I disconnect my
>>ssh session. 
> 
> [--cut some stuff--]
> 
>>How do I do that???
> 
> I am not in a position to test it out right now.
> 
> But what happens if you have the Cygwin SSH service on the remote system
> set to interact with the local desktop?  Cygrunsrv has a commandline
> switch --interactive to set this when you install the service, but you
> can also change it by looking at the service properties through the
> Windows services applet.

Indeed,
--interactive is the correct answer.

-- 
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list