CPAN module in Cygwin

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Wed Nov 3 18:44:00 GMT 2004


Elvin Peterson schrieb:
> --- Reini Urban wrote:
>>Elvin Peterson schrieb:
>>
>>>What do people here use to install perl modules
>>
>>(other
>>
>>>than CPAN)?
>>
>>I use cpanplus (with a fixed reporter module) and
>>cpan.
>>
>>recent cpanplus versions became kinda unstable for
>>me with its Storage 
>>module, but I had not time to fix it yet.
>>
>>cpansmoke and cpantest do work fine. but I stopped
>>automatic cygwin 
>>smoketests a couple of months ago.
> 
> Thanks for all the suggestions.  Are these part of
> cygwin (or do they have to be installed separately?
> :-))?  

CPANPLUS not yet.
$ pmq -f CPANPLUS
0.049   /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/CPANPLUS.pm
$ pmq -f CPAN
1.76_01 /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/CPAN.pm

> In any case running CPAN sends my machine to
> OOM, so I am sticking to precompiled binaries for now.

So fix your CPAN config file first, then you can
bootstrap the rest.

-- 
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list