setup size prefs (from gmane.os.cygwin.applications)

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Thu Nov 4 18:59:00 GMT 2004

Hans Horn schrieb:
> Hi Reini,
>
> Reini Urban wrote:
>
>>Which window sizes do we want to store?
>>I started with one size for all, then I rewrote for one size for each
>>propertypage, and now I believe the best would be to store/restore
>>only two sizes.
>>The big size for the package list and the small for the rest.
>
> Two sizes sounds like the best compromise!

Well, there's another useful option.
three sizes:
   default small (317, 179): fixed size
   mirror selection (517, 379): resizable + remembered.
   package selection (517, 379): resizable + remembered.

>>What else do we want to remember?
>>The state of the two checkboxes at the end?
>
> Yup!

sorry, I saw some patches from two years ago, that brought in useful
defaults for those checkboxes.

>>What else?
>
> The state of the keep/curr/exp radiobutton on the package list, as well as
> the state of the View button.

this is good.

> And while you are at it: get rid of the "Installation complete" dialog.

probably not.

> p.s. kudos for stepping in and fixing setup issues

well, there's huge list maxb and others are working on.
see the bugzilla pages:
http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?&product=cygwin&component=setup.exe
#479 is good to go
#480 (mousewheel) is broken. My rewrite of the idea is almost finished.
#481 looks easy good, but haven't checked yet.
#490 can be helped by abortable "endless" directory traversal,
    when selecting a poor local install directory. or stop
    after some 30secs.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/