mysql-4.x.x with gcc-3.4.1, compile error on cygwin, all fixes to get it compiled

Gerrit P. Haase gerrit@familiehaase.de
Fri Nov 5 09:53:00 GMT 2004

Charles Churchill wrote:
> Mr. Haase,
> You have my most profound thanks. The main things I really needed was to be
> able to get a client up under cygwin and to get libmysql working. I'm using
> the Windows build of mysql and connecting from cygwin, but because of tricky
> things with tty's the Windows mysql client wouldn't run correctly under
> cygwin.

You shouldn't need BDB for the client, if you configure --without-server
only the #pragma interface fixes are needed (and the no-undefined &
reconf for shared libs) to get the client, and the threads fix is only
needed when using --enable-thread-safe-client.

> Again, thanks so much,

You're welcome,
Gerrit
--