Cygwin setup 2.427 on Win2K
Larry Hall
lh-no-personal-replies-please@cygwin.com
Fri Nov 5 17:05:00 GMT 2004
At 09:38 PM 11/4/2004, you wrote:
>I originally reported that setup.exe would let me choose packages to install, but the "next" button was always disabled so I couldn't actually install anything.
>
>One suggestion I received was to run setup.exe with the -5 command-line option (suppress MD5 verification). I finally got a chance to try that, and it worked. I could choose packages, and the "next" button was enabled so I could go ahead and complete the installation.
>
>I don't understand why this is necessary--when I let it do the MD5 verification, there are no errors that I can see--but hopefully this will serve as a hint that eventually leads to finding the real problem.
There may be a "real problem" or it may be that the MD5 verification is
just taking longer than your patience allows. ;-) Not that that wouldn't
be an issue of course. However, not installing before verifying the
MD5 sums is for safety. And there's no way of knowing that there are no
errors in the process until the process is complete. Anyway, I'm not
suggesting that your comment be disregarded in any way. I'm just trying
to clarify why it does what it does.
--
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list