Some assistance with pkg-config

Ney André de Mello Zunino zunino@inf.ufsc.br
Sun Nov 7 02:41:00 GMT 2004

Hello.

I am having trouble getting pkg-config to find the .pc file for the
gtkmm-2.4 library. What I don't understand is why it is being able to
find other libs such as libglade-2.0, since I am setting the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable the same way for both:

libglade-2.0.pc resides in /cygdrive/c/GTK/lib/pkgconfig
gtkmm-2.4.pc resides in /cygdrive/c/GTKmm/lib/pkgconfig

Thus, I set the variable like this:

export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/cygdrive/c/GTK/lib/pkgconfig:/cygdrive/c/GTKmm/lib/pkgconfig

When I run the command 'pkg-config libglade-2.0 --modversion', I get:
'2.4.0'.

However, when I run 'pkg-config gtkmm-2.4 --modversion', I get the
following error message:

   Package gtkmm-2.4 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
   Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtkmm-2.4.pc'
   No package 'gtkmm-2.4' found

It tells me the directory containing the file 'gtkmm-2.4.pc' is not in
the path, but it is. What am I missing? I would appreciate any assistance.

Thank you,

--
Ney André de Mello Zunino