vpath search failures in Clearcase when files do actually exist

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Thu Nov 11 08:33:00 GMT 2004

Pierre A. Humblet schrieb:
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 01:09:47PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>>The OP was suggesting both a problem determining if something is a
>>>directory and a problem related to pathnames.  Running strace my shed
>>>some light on the root cause.
>>
>>Would it have made you feel better if I had said "for dealing with paths
>>and determining if something is a directory"?
>

> The "related to pathnames" was refering to the last paragraph in the initial
> post, which points to Cygwin (although I can't imagine how):
> " As shown above, using vpath .  ../..  /cygdrive/m/top fails, even
> though it should work.  Using vpath .  /cygdrive/m/top fails with the same
> errors as above.  However, vpath .  M:/top succeeds in the dependency
> check, even though M:/top should apparently be written as /cygdrive/m/top
> to comply to cygwin standards."
>

>>If the OP is willing to do this then I hope he does it on a standard
>>filesystem like NTFS, as I originally suggested.  If there is a problem
>>there then it is obviously not a ClearCase problem.
>

> Right. But then if it is a ClearCase problem, it can't be identified...
> My request would be to trace under the latest Cygwin.

BTW: Can someone provide testcode to identify if the current drive as
MVFS please. At least I think that a clearcase view is mounted as
driveletter.
Does it show up as GetLogicalDrives()? (should so)
In detail, what does GetVolumeInformation().lpFileSystemNameBuffer
return for such a MVFS drive?

For the proposed mounttable (getmntent) changes.
     user|system => mnt_opts
     GetVolumeInformation().lpFileSystemNameBuffer as mnt_type.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/