[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: libxml2-2.6.13-1

Patrick Eisenacher eisenacher@mailshelter.de
Sun Nov 14 15:20:00 GMT 2004

Gerrit P. Haase schrieb:
> Libxml2 has been updated to version 2.6.16
>
> NEWS
> ====
> There was a bug in the 'xmlcatalog' program in version 2.6.13 of
> Libxml2, it is strongly recommended to upgrade as soon as possible to
> libxml2-2.6.16.  The Cygwin Libxml2 distribution consists now of four
> separate packages, the main package 'libxml2' contains the runtime
> library and the executables 'xmlcatalog' and 'xmllint', the import
> library and the headers are in the package 'libxml2-devel', the Python
> bindings and according docs and examples are in the package
> 'libxml2-python' and the Libxml2 documentation has its own package
> now: 'libxml2-doc'.

Hi Gerrit & Marcel,

lovely. This works (almost) as expected ;)

The group elements don't get lost anymore.

Unfortunately, the xml:base parameter in the group element is ignored
when updating the catalog, and I end up with my relative path being
substituted with an absolute one. But that's Marcel's plate again :) Can
the postinstall script test whether an element is already available and
replace only the relevant part, ie. make the replace parameter of the
xmlcatalog --add command variable? Hm, I can see, that making this work
in all cases can easily become nasty. Alternatively, you could add a
note to future announcements...

Anyway, thanks for your quick response and good work.

Patrick