icecast

Tim Prince tprince@computer.org
Sun Nov 14 16:30:00 GMT 2004

At 07:06 AM 11/14/2004, Bernhard Janetzki wrote:

>Hello,
>i want to compile icecast under cygwin.
>“./configure” works fine, but it produces this warning:
>

>checking winsock2.h usability... no
>checking winsock2.h presence... yes
>configure: WARNING: winsock2.h: present but cannot be compiled
>configure: WARNING: winsock2.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
>configure: WARNING: winsock2.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
>result
>configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
>configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to bug-autoconf@gnu.org. ##
>configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
>checking for winsock2.h... yes
>

>Make exit with this error:
>

>In file included from sock.h:28,
>                  from sock.c:58:
>/usr/include/w32api/winsock2.h:95:2: warning: #warning "fd_set and
>associated ma
>cros have been defined in sys/types.      This may cause runtime
>problems with W
>32 sockets"
>In file included from sock.h:28,
>                  from sock.c:58:

Do you have autoconf installed?  I don't see the usual echo in the log
where it should test for presence of autoconf and report whether it is working.
If autoconf is present, this configure script may be tripping up over the
presence of unistd.h along with w32api.  It says they conflict.  I don't
see how you could say it is working fine.

Tim Prince