Problem with setup

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Wed Nov 17 16:00:00 GMT 2004

Luke Kendall wrote:
> On 17 Nov, To: cygwin@cygwin.com wrote:
>>  The system starts page faulting and the number of
>>  handles just grows and grows, and eventually setup dies
>
> I can add this:
>
>> At the crash point, setup.exe has some 600 open handles and 2 Gb of VM.
>> It's
>> accumulated 2.5 million page faults.

Wow!

Well, it's not quite as dramatic here, but I can see a good few leaked
handles in Process Explorer.

I've committed a fix, but unfortunately, when I begun testing to prepare for
a release, I ran into all sorts of nasty problems, including being unable to
reinstall Cygwin, having uninstalled it to test setup. I'm going to keep
working on it though... after I've completely purged Cygwin from my
computer, reinstalled, and set up a VM to do tests in without disrupting my
primary machine. Might take a while.

Max.