Problem with setup

Bobby McNulty bobbymcn@bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 18 00:27:00 GMT 2004

Christopher Faylor wrote:

>On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 11:09:26AM +1100, Luke Kendall wrote:
>

>>Sorry to be causing you such hassles.  I'm hoping to get a chance to
>>try the latest Cygwin:
>>

>You can try the latest cygwin.  Just install everything in two or
>three steps.
>
>This is not the final solution, of course, but this problem doesn't
>seem like a total showstopper to me.  Bobby McNulty can probably provide
>more details.  In fact, I think he's already done so.
>
>cgf
>
>--

First install all of the main cygwin without the gnome stuff, then
install the x stuff with gnome. Go to Sourceforge and get KDE on Cygwin.
rebaseall.
startx
and you shound have the KDE desktop on X with cygwin.
Neat, huh?
It works for me.
Now, I'm trying to find a good MIDI sequencer that runs under KDE and
Cygwin.
Rosegarden has too many problems I don't want to deal with.
Bobby