Compatibility to Windows2003 (64-bit)

Tim Prince tprince@computer.org
Fri Nov 19 18:21:00 GMT 2004

At 07:33 AM 11/19/2004, Christopher Faylor wrote:

>so, AFAIK, Cygwin should work on 64 bit windows:
>
>http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2004-09/msg00002.html
>
>I'll change the main web page if/when 64 bit windows goes out of beta.
>Or is it there already?

It looks like the AMD/EM64T Windows has months to go in beta.  We've been
running 32-bit cygwin on the 64-bit Windows on Intel CPUs (EM64T and
IA64).  No complaints, except visibility of Windows environment variables
to cygwin is intermittent.  We don't think that's the fault of cygwin, nor
is it unique to the 64-bit OS.

Tim Prince