g++ 3.4.1

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Sat Nov 20 18:24:00 GMT 2004


Gerrit P. Haase schrieb:
> Reini Urban wrote:
>> Gerrit P. Haase schrieb:
>>> Sam Steingold wrote:
>>>> when will 3.4 become the default version?
>>>
>>> I'm currently preparing an gcc update to gcc-3.4.2, if this is
>>> usable I will make this the default.  So you may expect it to be
>>> released before Christmas 2004.
>>
>> with dwarf2?
> 
> I don't know yet.  Probably many packages need to be rebuild with this
> change?  At least all sjlj enabled C++ libraries will be not binary
> compatible and not usable with a compiler without sjlj.

I believe danny or someone else was testing current dwarf-2, for some 
time. What's his opinion?

Dividing it into sjlj libs for w32 callbacks and faster dwarf-2 libs 
without w32 callbacks would be an option, but looks like overkill.

Add something like a d2 suffix to those libs and add it to the specs 
when dwarf-2 exceptions are requested? Phew.
-- 
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list