new Cygwin has memory problems? / cygwin1-20041117.dll

Lester Ingber ingber@ingber.com
Mon Nov 22 01:47:00 GMT 2004

cygwin1-20041117.dll, which I got from www.cygwin/snapshots/, solves a
few problems, stopping hanging in dired, ispell, and updatedb.

(The crash I experienced is getting more common in XP SP2,
BAD_POOL_HEADER (www.tweaksforgeek.com/BAD_POOL_HEADER.html)).

Lester

Christopher Faylor wrote:
    ------------8<------------ top cut -> bottom ------------->8------------
is is a problem caused by this change:

And, then, the problem was noted here:

The problem is that cygwin is now behaving like linux in that timed
reads from a pty/tty work correctly.  It is not behaving like linux in
that once you get an EOF on a read using stdio, you get EOF forever
after.

I've made a cygwin-specific correction to the newlib library to make
cygwin work more like linux.  I will generate a cygwin snapshot sometime
soon which should have a fix for this problem.  Keep an ey on:

http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

cgf