Manual page width is fixed and I'd like it not to be

Raye Raskin rayer@pobox.com
Mon Nov 22 05:15:00 GMT 2004


> Hi! I've just been installing Cygwin on a new machine and getting 
> everything into the shape I like it, but there's something I can't seem 
> to figure out how to fix.
> 
> I'm running XWin all the time so I can use xterms, but manual pages seem 
> to get formatted to 80 columns wide no matter how wide my xterm window 
> is. This is, as you may imagine, somewhat irritating, and I'm at my 
> wits' end in trying to find where to fix it.
> 
> Has anyone any advice to offer? I'd greatly appreciate it.
> 
> Thanks!
> 
> -- Aaron

Try making your font smaller so the man page width still fits your
narrow xterm.


--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list