Newbie question regarding tcsetattr

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Mon Nov 22 15:51:00 GMT 2004

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 07:12:47AM -0800, Roger Pryor wrote:
>On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:15:23 -0800
>Roger Pryor <rpryor@pryor-and-pryor.com> wrote:
>>I'm a new cygwin user, attepting to port a Linux package that uses the
>>COM ports to drive a remote device.  I'm finding that calls to
>>tcsetattr don't seem to work.  What is happening is that although the
>>speed is being setup correctly, the values that I want for c_iflag and
>>c_cflag are not being set, but left as they were before.  Is this a
>>known bug (there were conversations about this last year in the
>>archives) and if so is there any idea when it will be fixed?, or am I
>>confused (equally likely!)
>
>This seems to have dropped into a black hole, does anyone know what is
>the status of tcsetattr w.r.t serial ports?

Possibly the reason this "dropped into a black hole" is that you used
the word "newbie" in the subject, you didn't follow the reporting
guidelines at http://cygwin.com/problems.html, and while you did provide
a code snippet showing what you meant, you did not provide a simple,
compilable test case illustrating your problem.  For something like serial
I/O, it's unlikely that anyone is going to want to hack together their own
test case to confirm or deny your theory that setting the baud rate is
broken.

cgf