stdcall lib functions with exception throwing callbacks vs Dwarf2 EH

Richard Henderson rth@redhat.com
Wed Nov 24 17:38:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 02:51:35AM -0600, Aaron W. LaFramboise wrote:
> Is there a way to have the DW2 unwinder call some particular function,
> for eg, if the previous frame was not compiled with -fexceptions, rather
> than just crashing?  Is this what MD_FALLBACK_FRAME_STATE_FOR is for?

Yes, sortof.  I don't know if you can make it do what you want, exactly.

> Other Windows compilers are able to handle this condition.

If you want to be able to handle this, I recommend that you NOT use dwarf2.
Handling this condition is not in the dwarf2 design requirements.

r~