Serious Installation problems - possible workround but rapid fix required.

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Fri Nov 26 16:57:00 GMT 2004

Larry Hall wrote:
> What packages were you installing?  There have been recent reports of
> hangs
> in 'setup.exe' over on the cygwin-xfree list when all packages are
> installed.
> Sounds similar to the problems you were having.  Were you installing 'X'?
> If so, the current work-around is to install all of Cygwin minus 'X' and
> then rerun 'setup.exe' to install 'X'.
>
> There has been progress made on 'setup.exe' to isolate and resolve this
> problem so there's hope that this problem will be a thing of the past
> soon. :-)

I fear you may be getting confused with other issues. I've not yet made any
progress in debugging this. (Nor have I tried, since I really need 1 machine
to test and 1 machine to compile - I will have a second machine from 6th
Dec).

Max.