PATH and SystemRoot oddity

Jason Curl j.m.curl@optusnet.com.au
Sat Nov 27 12:12:00 GMT 2004


Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>>>First off, you could have actually removed the offending entries from the
>>>PATH using something like
>>>
>>>OFFENDING_ENTRY="/cygdrive/c/ClearCase/bin"
>>>PATH="`echo "$PATH" | sed "s#:$OFFENDING_ENTRY##"`"
>>>
>>>Alternatively, if you want to translate any Win32 path to a Cygwin
>>>(POSIX) path, use the "cygpath" utility, like this:
>>>
>>>PATH=${PATH}:"`cygpath -u "$SYSTEMROOT/system32"`"
> 
> Glad it helped.  Out of curiousity, which one of the two solutions above
> did you mean?

Originally, I was looking for something like 'cygpath' in it, but I was 
pleasantly surprised by the other solution:

OFFENDING_ENTRY="/cygdrive/c/ClearCase/bin"
PATH="`echo "$PATH" | sed "s#:$OFFENDING_ENTRY##"`"

I'm now modifying it to remove paths with 'Rational' in it. I'd rather 
not modify the original 'profile' if I can help it. Makes it easier to 
destroy cygwin and reinstall from scratch.


--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list