A vexing installation problem

Dave Korn dk@artimi.com
Tue Nov 30 15:08:00 GMT 2004

> -----Original Message-----
> From: cygwin-owner On Behalf Of Fergus Daly
> Sent: 30 November 2004 14:19

> > Probably a false alarm.
> > Is '.' in your $PATH?
> No.
> Fergus

  Nevermindallthatnow, why have you suddenly changed your surname?  :-O

  Nonetheless I can confirm that it's a false alarm.  I get exactly the same
result when I put the dll and cygcheck in a directory on their own, remove
all cygwin references from my PATH, and try the cygcheck from a cmd.exe
shell.  It isn't anything to do with . in the PATH, because I didn't have
that.  It must be some kind of variant on the
detecting-the-same-file-twice-by-different-routes bug, but strangely enough
it gives the exact same path for both of them: ".\cygwin1.dll", so I dunno
how come it's finding it twice.

    cheers,
      DaveK