Cygserver 100% CPU (was: References to both cygwin1.dll and msvcrt.dl

Patrick Samson p_samson@yahoo.com
Fri Oct 1 06:22:00 GMT 2004

--- Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Sep 30 00:12, Patrick Samson wrote:
> > I built the DLL another way, and now have:
> > $ cygcheck ./dp40.dll
> > .\dp40.dll
> >   D:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll <----------------
> >     C:\WINNT\System32\ADVAPI32.DLL
> >       C:\WINNT\System32\ntdll.dll
> >       C:\WINNT\System32\KERNEL32.dll
> >       C:\WINNT\System32\USER32.dll
> >         C:\WINNT\System32\GDI32.dll
> >       C:\WINNT\System32\RPCRT4.dll
> >   D:\cygwin\bin\tcl84.dll
> >   C:\WINNT\System32\WS2_32.DLL
> >     C:\WINNT\System32\MSVCRT.dll <-----------
> >     C:\WINNT\System32\WS2HELP.dll
> > Seems better, as msvcrt.dll is only there because
> > of ws2_32 (winsock2).
>
> Which shouldn't be referenced at all.  dp40.dll
> apparently references
> ws2_32.dll directly instead of using the Cygwin
> socket calls.

There is the link command generated by autotools:
gcc -mwin32 -g -O2  -o dp40.dll -shared
-Wl,--export-all-symbols -Wl,-s dpChan.o dpCmds.o
dpRPC.o dpPlugF.o dpFilte
rs.o dpIdentity.o dpPackOff.o dpInit.o dpSerial.o
dpSock.o dpWinInit.o dpWinSerial.o dpWinSock.o
dpWinTcp.o dpWinUD
P.o dpWinIPM.o -ltcl84 -lws2_32

If I omit -lws2_32, I receive "undefined reference"
for winsock functions (one of the source has
#include <ws2tcpip.h> for IP multicast).
What should I do?