New Malicious virus. Attacks Macs too. And Linux as well as windows

Bobby McNulty Junior enterprise01@bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 3 20:52:00 GMT 2004

James Merritt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This warning is a hoax.  According to this website,
> Symantec Security Response encourages you to ignore
> any messages regarding this hoax. It is harmless and
> is intended only to cause unwarranted concern.
>
> http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jesus-hoax.html
>
> Thank you and have a nice day!!
>
> james E. Merritt
>
> --- Bobby McNulty Junior <enterprise01@bellsouth.net>
> wrote:
>

>>     Subject:URGENT - New Virus
>>

>>     PASS THIS ON TO ANYONE YOU HAVE AN E-MAIL
>>ADDRESS FOR.
>>

>>     If you receive an email titled: "It Takes Guts
>>to Say Jesus"
>>

>>     DO NOT OPEN IT. It will erase everything on
>>your hard drive.
>>

>>     This information was announced yesterday
>>morning from IBM; AOL
>>states that this is a very dangerous virus, much
>>worse than
>>

>>     "Melissa," and that there is NO Remedy for it
>>at this time.
>>

>>     Some very sick individual has succeeded in
>>using the reformat
>>function from Norton Utilities causing it to
>>completely erase all
>>documents on the hard drive.
>>

>>     It has been designed to work with Netscape
>>Navigator and Microsoft
>>Internet Explorer.
>>

>>     It destroys Macintosh and IBM compatible
>>computers.
>>

>>     This is a new, very malicious virus and not
>>many people know about
>>it. Pass this warning along to EVERYONE in your
>>address book ! and
>>please share it with all your online friends ASAP so
>>that this threat
>>maybe stopped.
>>

>>     Please practice cautionary measures and tell
>>anyone that may have
>>access to your computer. Forward this warning to
>>everyone that you know
>>that might access the Internet.
>>

>>     Joyce L. Bober
>>

>>     IBM Information Systems
>>

>>     PittsburghMailing Systems
>>     412 - 922-8744
>>

>>--
>>Problem reports:
>>http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>>Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
>>FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Thanks for telling me.
It was sent to a bunch of people before it got to me.
I have the one where it was sent to a bunh of people.
I wanted to show you what the hackers are doing to the net.
And to personal computers that are hooked into the net.
Thank you and you have a nice day.