whole Cygwin release/ distribution issues

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Mon Oct 4 22:06:00 GMT 2004

Gerrit P. Haase schrieb:
> Hallo Reini,
> Am Montag, 4. Oktober 2004 um 21:06 schriebst du:
>>>
>>>will be changed in the next update, I promise;)
>
>>So we'll need another full recompile of all our extensions? :)
>>No problem, if it stays then until perl6 or another xs API change,
>>which will require rebuilds.
>
> Perl6?  What is this?  There will be perl 5.10, 5.12, 5.14, 5.16, ...

Really? perl6 looks quite good actually. I never thought of a 5.10.
But maybe they'll decide to dump XS in favor of Inline, so this might be
5.10 then. But the whole 5.x architecture (refcounts, types) is a mess.

Of course there will arrive 20 new scheme/lisp's with all the features
perl6 wants to have in the meantime, but perl is perl. :)
   http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?GreenspunsTenthRuleOfProgramming
--
Reini