problem with finding case-sensitive filenames when running DOS batch command with bash shell

Vince Hoffman jhary@unsane.co.uk
Wed Oct 6 18:40:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 DFong@s3graphics.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running cygwin bash shell and have set
> the parameters
>
> ~/.bashrc
>
> shopt -s nocaseglob
>
> ~/.inputrc
>
> set completion-ignore-case on
>
> but I'm still having problems with running a DOS batch command that will not be case-sensitive.
>
> x.bat
> dir /s /b filename.txt (I want it to match with name like fileNAME.txt and return filename.txt)
>
> If I run this x.bat under cygwin bash shell
> the return from dir /s /b command is "file not found".
>
> What else do I need to set in DOS or bash shell environment
> to allow "dir /s /b" to make the directory search for filename to be case-insensitive?

have a read of the options at
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html
specificly check_case and maybe glob as well.
it says its relaxed by default but it may be worth setting it explicitly
as well.

Vince