Setup failure: mount error

luke luke@research.canon.com.au
Wed Oct 13 07:58:00 GMT 2004

luke wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:

> That's what I thought.  My problem was in trusting the Registry's search
> command.

Actually, the search is relative to whatever key you have selected.
So, to search the whole registry you have to select the root.

> Unfortunately, it's still failing.
>
> Are there any other places in the registry that Cygwin data is kept?

At the moment, it looks like I'm going to have to scrub Windows and
re-install it.

I suppose before that, I can try installing from our stable mirror.
Perhaps the Cygwin on the mirror site is badly buggy (despite all MD5
checksums being correct).

> Right now I'll try again, this time deleting both known keys, deleting
> all the download files, deleting the 300kb of installed Cygwin files,
> rebooting, and starting again.

That didn't work, either.  Same alert panel titled "mount" that says:
"The operation completed successfully."

This happens at the 99% Cygwin Setup stage, Downloading.  Progress bars look
to be about 80% for "Progress:", 99 or 100% for "Total:", and about 5%
for "Disk:".

luke