Ignoring IsBadWritePtr in GDB (Was Re: Crash in when running Evolution)

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Mon Oct 18 16:31:00 GMT 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Kensuke Matsuzaki wrote:

> -clipboard uses pthread, and that causes many many SEGV too.
> "(gdb) handle SIGSEGV nostop noprint"
> doesn't let gdb stop and print SEGV.
> But I'm using bit dirty workaround to ignore only IsBadWritePtr.
>
> [GDB patch attached]

Hmm, there's *got* to be a way to do the same using pure GDB macros,
without having to muck with the code...  Does anyone know enough about
macro writing in GDB to answer this off-hand?  Otherwise, I'll do some
digging...
	Igor
P.S. Cc'ing this to the main Cygwin list, as this is of interest to the
general community as well.
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw