Is there a fix for IsBadWritePtr Segfault?

Richard Schmitt rschmitt@bluepeach.com
Fri Oct 22 15:10:00 GMT 2004

Well, I did find a post in the cygwin-xfree mailing list that had a
patch for gdb.  I applied the patch and it works well.  If anyone knows
of a better approach, please post it.

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2004-10/msg00158/segv.diff

Thanks,
Rich

Christopher Faylor wrote:

>On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 11:04:12PM -0400, Richard Schmitt wrote:
>

>>I know, I've seen the posts on this issue but I'm a little suprised that
>>a real solution hasn't been found.
>>

>Don't be surprised.  We just don't like you and are all cackling with glee
>at your discomfort.
>
>What other possible explanation could there be?
>
>cgf
>
>--

Blue Peach Rich Schmitt/CTO-Founder

2 Wyeth Circle · Southborough · MA · 01772 · Phone: 877-BLU-PEACH · Fax:
508-302-6183
www.bluepeach.com