Cygwin SWIG package - who is using it, and for what?

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Sat Oct 23 12:24:00 GMT 2004

Reini Urban wrote:
> Max Bowsher schrieb:
>> I took over as packager of SWIG for Cygwin a while ago, and am now
>> getting ready to produce a new package.
>>
>> SWIG seems to make incompatible changes with depressing frequency, so
>> decisions on when to package a new version need to be made with much
>> greater deliberation then other packages - to that end, I'd to get an
>> idea of how much the current swig package is being used, and for what.
>
> libming: for python and tcl
>          not yet swig'ified (manual updates): java, php, perl, ruby.

Ok, I had a look at the source (though the tarball that I looked at seemed
somewhat broken in the build system).

This swig binding seems to be just one module - rather than a set of
interacting modules. It is the support for multiple interacting modules
which is in turmoil, so I'm hoping ming will work fine with more recent
swig.

Do you have a cygwin package of ming that I could test a proposed new cygwin
swig package against?

Max.