Profile not called

Larry Hall lh-no-personal-replies-please@cygwin.com
Mon Oct 25 17:22:00 GMT 2004

At 12:25 PM 10/25/2004, you wrote:

>"Larry Hall" wrote in message news:6.1.0.6.0.20041025121725.047bcbe0@pop.prospeed.net...
>> At 12:03 PM 10/25/2004, you wrote:
>>
>> >"Larry Hall" wrote in message news:6.1.0.6.0.20041025100640.04d7ee70@pop.prospeed.net...
>> >[snip]
>> >[snip]
>> >
>> >I have reinstalled.
>> >
>> >The original problem has returned.
>> >See news://news.gmane.org/clgf89$u8j$1@sea.gmane.org.
>> >
>> >bash-2.05b$ cygcheck -srv > cygcheck.out 2>&1
>> >
>> >File cygcheck.out is attached.
>> >

>> Well, it looks like your mounts are wrong again.  They now all point to
>> 'C:\cygwin_etc\_download\001' while your path points to 'C:\cygwin\bin'.
>> Perhaps during the reinstall you changed your installation path (again)?
>
>I did nothing with my installation path.

So you mean that when you ran 'setup.exe' and got to the page titled
"Cygwin Setup - Choose Installation Directory", your "Root Directory"
read as 'C:\Cygwin\bin' and you did not change that to
'C:\cygwin_etc\_download\001'?  Well, if you didn't make that change,
you're doing something else that alters the default mount paths.  You
should find a way to keep from doing that.

I agree with Dave Korn as well.  You have *many* similar packages from
many different sources all of which have potential to clash with each other.
It is *not* a goal of Cygwin tools to work seamlessly with any and all other
versions of like tools.  If you have further problems with 'tetex' or other
tools for which you have multiple variants installed, please try to narrow
down where the problem is coming from and consult the appropriate source for
guidance on the issue found.

Holliston, MA 01746