Missing DocBook XML DTD

Jani Tiainen redetin@luukku.com
Wed Oct 27 07:31:00 GMT 2004

I'm trying to compile app that uses docbook but even I installed all
necessary packages I end up having error while running 'configure':

checking which XML catalog to use... /etc/xml/catalog
checking for DocBook XML DTD... configure: error: not found. Make sure
you have the DocBook DTD installed and ensure that it is registered in
/etc/xml/catalog.

Line that is used to test catalog existing is:

and $XML_CATALOG="/etc/xml/catalog"

for vers in 4.2 4.1.2; do
  if xmlcatalog $XML_CATALOG "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V$vers//EN"
 >/dev/null ; then
	db_found=$vers
	break
  fi
done

I found out some references to additional "buildcatalog" script, but is
that needed or do I have to specify some environment variable or
parameter for configure?

--

Jani Tiainen