[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: subversion-1.1.1-1

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Wed Oct 27 14:33:00 GMT 2004

Roland Schwingel wrote:
> Hello Max...
>
> I recently encountered a cygwin specific problem with 1.1.x of subversion.
>
> If your cygwin homeaccount resides on an UNC network share the cygwin
> binary cannot find/create the .subversion folder there.

I know. I mentioned that (admittedly in more general terms) in my release
announcement. See "caveat 2" quoted below.

> I filed an issue on that yesterday in the subversion issue tracker
> (#2108). I also added a simple patch for it there.

Yes, I'm on the subversion lists, including the issue-tracker notification
one.

I'll try to get that reviewed if no one else takes it, but subversion's
path-canonicalization is not something I've looked at before, so it might
take a bit of research for me to get up to speed.

Max.