Missing DocBook XML DTD

Jani Tiainen redetin@luukku.com
Thu Oct 28 11:39:00 GMT 2004

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

>> Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe the docbook-xml42 maintainer could help us all out with this one?
>>> ~ Or Gerrit, what did you do for gtk-doc?
>>

>> gtk-doc requires 'OpenSP openjade perl', should it depend on
>> docbook-x* too?
>>
>> At least the postinstall script to install the default catalogs should
>> be in the docbook package.  I have a script which I use locally, the
>> original is here (this was updated recently, defaults to version 4.1.2
>> and takes a switch to change the version now):
>> http://xmlsoft.org/buildDocBookCatalog
>>
>> My modified version (was not updated recently, version 4.1.2
>> hardcoded, but has some other changes) is here:
>> http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/docbook/buildDocBookCatalog
>

> It should output s.th. like this:
>
> $ /usr/bin/buildDocBookCatalog
> Found DocBook XML 4.1.2 DTD in /usr/share/xml/docbook-4.1.2
> Found ISO DocBook entities in /usr/share/xml/docbook-4.1.2/ent
> Found DocBook XSLT stylesheets in /usr/share/docbook-xsl

Actually in my installation I have no /usr/share/xml/docbook-4.1.2,
instead I have usr/share docbook-xml42, and under /usr/share/xml is
_only_ libglade subdir...

Wondered that while looking those one of scripts...

Are packages installed improperly in wrong directory?

And I was using latest packages available at ftp.funet.fi...

--

Jani Tiainen