startup problem // no longer works // profile not called

Alex Vinokur alexvn@connect.to
Thu Oct 28 12:15:00 GMT 2004

"Igor Pechtchanski" wrote in message news:Pine.GSO.4.61.0410261333000.20919@slinky.cs.nyu.edu...
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Alex Vinokur wrote:
>
> > "Igor Pechtchanski" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a feeling your postinstall scripts didn't run properly because
> > > of the screwed-up mounts. In fact, run
> > >
> > > find /etc/postinstall -name \*.done | sed 's/\.done$//' | xargs cygcheck -f | uniq
> >
> > $ find /etc/postinstall -name \*.done | sed 's/\.done$//' | xargs cygcheck -f | uniq > zzz3.txt
> > // zzz3.txt is attached
> >
> > > Those are the packages that will likely benefit from a reinstall in your
> > > case.
>
> Ah, that explains your problem.  You have Lilypond installed, which
> requires teTeX, but you don't have teTeX installed.  It's usually a good
> idea to let setup.exe select the required packages -- if you unselect
> them, you should know *exactly* what you're doing.
>
> Please select "Reinstall" for all of the packages in your zzz3.txt file.
> If setup selects other packages for installation, let it.  Then try
> running cygwin.bat again.
> Igor

I did that.

It seems that I got rid of problem "bash: kpsexpand: command not found".

However,
$ find /etc/postinstall -name \*.done | sed 's/\.done$//' | xargs cygcheck -f | uniq > postinstall.txt  // Attached
postinstall.txt  contains a lot of files. Is it correct?

--
 Alex Vinokur
     http://sourceforge.net/users/alexvn