Revised precompiled header support on cygwin

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Thu Oct 28 15:05:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 10:07:21PM -0700, Earl Chew wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>What do you suggest?
>>
>>If you have a patch that's ready to go, I'll review it.  If it isn't
>>ready to go then there's not anything for me to do as far as I can tell.
>>
>>If you're asking me to work on it, then that is something I don't have
>>time to do.
>
>I'm asking whether I should be submitting a patch against 3.4.1 or
>3.4.2.
>
>Cygwin seems to be at 3.4.1.
>
>The gcc folks seem to be at 3.4.2 or later.

You should always submit patches against the current gcc release
regardless of what release cygwin is on.  There's no way to modify
3.4.1 now.

Otherwise, if Gerrit wants a patch for 3.4.1 and you're willing to
provide it to him, then that's something for you both to discuss.

cgf