How to install a individual package

Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) BBuchbinder@niaid.nih.gov
Thu Oct 28 23:21:00 GMT 2004

At Wednesday, October 27, 2004 9:07 PM, Yin Ming wrote:
> But, the version of vim package is too new, it's 6.3-1, but my cygwin
> is only 1.9.10-1 ( the version of cygwin package ). Must I update the
> whole.
>
> And, from my home, it's very slow to download packages via setup.exe,
> is there a fast http/ftp url to download the whole package ?

Versions refer to the individual packages, there is not overall version
number for a "cygwin distribution".  See "What version of Cygwin is this,
anyway?" in the FAQ http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/faq/faq.html#SEC5.
Also see the recent email archives for discussion of creating a versioned
release.

The most recent version of the cygwin1.dll and associated utilities is
1.5.11-1.  (1.9.10-1 "the version of cygwin package" does not yet exist.)
Your vim (6.3-1) is up to date.