coreutils rm nul

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Fri Oct 29 17:27:00 GMT 2004

Would it be appreciated if coreutils rm would be able to
remove special windows files, like nul, aux, com and such, if it's
really a file and no device?

I'm working on such a coreutils patch for rm(1) only, not mv(1), ln(1)
or unlink(3) from cygwin1.dll.
Should it go to unlink(3) instead?

If the original proposer of the coreutils package, Mark, will not revive
in the next months I might be persuaded to maintain it then.
But this seems to be a lot of work. The current state of (unmaintained)
affairs is at
   http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/release/coreutils/

I'm using that version since 20041017, without any problems, but I'm
still working on sync(3), su(1) and rm(1).
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/