Problem with setup 2.427 under Windows 2000

Patrick Jones patrick_a_jones@hotmail.com
Wed Sep 1 03:49:00 GMT 2004

Hi all. I am attempting to run setup.exe, version 2.427 under Windows 2000
Professional on a Toshiba laptop. After making all the setup option
selections, the setup fails, with a dialog window saying 'setup.exe has been
terminated by Windows. You will need to restart the program'.

The first time I tried to run setup, I looked in 'setup\var\log'. It said
that Cygwin could not detect McShield because McAfee is not installed. I am
aware that setup has problems running simultaneously with anti-virus
software, but I have no anti-virus software on the computer (as the error
diagnostic indicates).

This computer is not connected to the internet. So I had to download and
burn the tarballs to CD on another machine. I then copied the files from CD
to a folder residing on my desktop on the machine in question...and am
attempting to run setup from this folder.

This is my first time posting to this list and trying to use Cygwin. Many
apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere (I've read several postings
with regard to 2.427 setup - but none addressing quite the same concern as
mine).

Best regards,
Pat Jones