PHP 5.x and latest upgrade.. is it present ?

Robert Schmidt rschm@broadpark.no
Wed Sep 1 12:34:00 GMT 2004

Mirko Tebaldi (Indirizzo Pubblico) wrote:
> in wich categoriy is the php package ? i cannot find it in no-one of them !

PHP has been withdrawn from the cygwin distribution since it was broken.
Apparently, there's a new Apache maintainer for cygwin, who also has
taken on support for mod-php4, so there's hope.  I have seen no
indication of when it will be re-added, though.

As mentioned in a post yesterday, I also miss a working, integrated PHP
for cygwin.  Getting it to work manually proved to hard for me.  Using a
non-cygwin (i.e. Win32 native) PHP is unattractive, as this can't be an
cygwin Apache module.

Cheers,
Rob